Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Brickfair Alabama 2013.

In October 2012, it was suggested by one of us in a comment thread that three pretty well known castle builders (Mark of Falworth, Legolord, and Tastymuffins.) could make a large collaborative LEGO castle display for a convention.

Since we are all located in the southeast we decided that Brickfair Alabama would be a great central destination.
So after chatting back and forth for a bit we pretty much knew what we wanted to create.

Tastymuffins built his section first,



Legolord had some unexpected things come up and unfortunately wasn't able to make it. (this year :) )

 I had just finished "building like a madman" for my CCCX Master builder attempt.
So, I somewhat reluctantly dove into my LEGO bins to hurriedly build something to sit beside TM's castle



I nearly didn't get it built in time, and I would not have made it if my brother Steven hadn't helped me finish it up. 
I'm pretty happy with the result, although, it would have looked better a few inches taller. ;)

So we packed it all up and drove to Birmingham!

I managed to snag a few photos of the connected collab.


There was so much to do at Brickfair!
I met so many super nice people


I spent large amounts of money on LEGO minifigures and accessories. ;)

And I can safely say we all had a blast! 


I also made a video of some of the highlights of BFAL. be sure to check it out on Youtube
If you haven't been to a LEGO fan convention I would highly recommend you go to one!  

Thanks for viewing and have a great day! :)

~Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment